Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Sad Week

Wednesday
Bench day was more than a little rough. Did two boards, and it was heavy from the get go. Struggled with 345 for 3, but looked better on 365 for three. Only hit 385 for one, so...

Nate hit a huge PR on the squat, 295 for 6.

Thursday


Found out that Bill Westhead, a friend from our WACT days and a fellow(albeit more successful) writer, passed away after a championship bout with Cancer. He was truly swell guy, and one who seemed to balance between the local theatre factions without making many enemies. He was always trying to get me to go to the Writer's Conference on Jekyll Island, but I never had the money.

Christan was always touched by the fact that he had her alone in mind to play Hotlips Houllihan in MASH, insisting that she audition. She loved working with him on that show.

Friday
Another miserable deadlift workout. Rack pulls three inches below knee. 545 x 3 and five misses at 585. But, I did finish my workout and included speed work.

I think Chris and I are finished working out together. Just cannot find a common ground for motivation. She quits and I am an ass.

We got into it, but Josh came over with beer. Three of those and I was fine as paint.

Saturday
Got the front and small back yards weedeated. Had to byuy my 7th and 8th tubes of WE wires. This opposed to using half a tube over three years.

Went to the store and then went to the viewing for Bill. His wife, Gill, seemed very touched that we came.

Mowed the front and small backyard until it was two dark to see.

Found out that my Aunt Barb, who was a huge supporter of me and my writing, passed away after a long fight with Cancer. I was very saddened. I did not know her well, but she meant something to me.

I have had the opportunity of going through a few deaths in the last few years. I have seen a person pass and their life is always reflected in the emotions the living feel for them. My grandfather had a whole town come out to pay their respects. His passing leaves a void in our lives, the only times I have ever seen my father cry are when he was dealing with the death of his father.

when Christan's Dad died, I saw the havoc his life wreaked on his children. Chris and Howard were conflicted, left with negative emotions.

When Barb died, I thought it telling that a guy a thousand miles away, who maybe met her twice in his life, was hurt by the loss. A good person, one who sows support and encouragement, love and respect, may never see the return in her lifetime, but in the wake of her death, that time and energy are reflected in the hurt of the silence of the void. I mourn for her family and for the fact that I will never know her better.


Sunday
Got up and finished weedeating and mowing the back forty. Ran into town and then went to Bill's funeral. Good to see some people show. The Theatre crowd took up half the mourners.

Meant to go to the gym, but just could not make it happen. willl have to go Wednesday to Squat.

Sort of good news, Christan got offered a part in "Little Shop..." she accepted, but I worry she is going to freak out soon.

Monday
Gage started football. It did not go well. I feel like a rotten parent. should have had him doing sprints in the summer.

First real rehearsal went well. Too much blocking without focus. Christan seemed good.

Tuesday
Gage had a much better day at practice. Whew. Still will have him run sprints in the winter and summer.

There was no reason for me to be at rehearsal. Christan is freaking out as expected.

At least it is hot as hell with sweet crazy humidity.

Hope gym goes well Wednesday. I really need it to.

Should have my act one lines done by Thursday. Poor Mike is getting an ear full at work. I know my first song... not so much on the second.

No comments: