Thursday, August 6, 2009

Revelation

I have decided that Tonic Immobility, in its present state, is not fit for human consumption. I think I tried to hard to write a literary novel and it was just not what was in the cards. I alos tried to please the masses need for a happy ending. There was too much biography, too much easiness, too much happiness in the novel.

I want to write the book I want to write. I pretty much did it with TBT, but even then, I cut more than I wanted to. And for what? There are no agents out there who care to even look at it. the one who did, wanted me to go in a direction I did not want to go.

Now, the kicker... how to take what I have and make it what I want.

Nate
Is really doing well in the gym. Last year his best lifts were:

Squat: 315
Bench: 165
Deadlift: 335

So far this year he has hit:
Squat: 295 x 6... next week 315 x 5
Bench 180 x 5... next bench out will be 190-195 x 4
Deadlift: 315 x 8... next pull will be 365 x 6

Nate never argues and always puts his best effort into it. It would be nice for him to do well in this. I can honestly see him going 400/225/500 in November if he so decides. It is great to see his confidence grow every week. It is a shame he wants to forego wrestling. with a good coach he might do well at it.

The Gym
One week off and the rust was thick this week. Leg Press was a tough go. Wanted to hit at least 945 for 8 but wound up only getting 855 again. The good news was that I went on to finish my workout. 2 Boards felt like poop. Chris and the kids saved my ass. I hit a decent 365 for 3 and then a 385 single. Went for a double on 385 and missed. Chris, Nate and, in particularly Gage, did a great job helping me. I was not happy, but I finished my workout.

Knee was bugging me after leg presses this week, and I hurt from the knee to my neck today, so a little concerned about lifting Friday and then Sunday. Will do heavy rack pulls Friday and have to RAW squat on Sunday because of "LSoH".

Am thinking about hitting the gym after rehearsals one night a week just toi hit speed work on the bench or doing them after deadlifts. Fred reminded me how important they are AND Nate has been doing great since using them AND my 405 and 415 were done when using speed work, so...

"Little Shop of Horrors"
Nate and I both got parts in the community theatre production. A little nervous about how much singing I have to do. I cannot read music at all. Nate gets to do the Voice of Audrey Two and I get to play multiple parts, mainly Orin Scrivello, DDS. Gonna be a rough 2 months what with the gym and the show and the yard.

Oh, well, gotta fled... the books just showed up.

No comments: