Monday, August 3, 2009

At some point, this has to end...

And the hits just keep a'coming!
It has been a miserable couple of weeks. The well, the septic line (still has to be fixed), the stuff with Logan's car...

Because I want to make everone happy, we went to see a friend's band in Richmond Hill. Should have begged off. We had a great time, but spent too much money. Then we moved Logan on Saturday and spent too much money. Then, while trying to fix Chris's car, I utterly ruined it. Then school clothes and supplies. I am bleeding cash right now.

All of this is my doing, I realize, it just seems like a good run of bad luck. Everything was looking so good just a month ago, now I do not know what we are gonna do.

Oh, yeah, had an opportunity arise with the book, so I sunk money for books and the website.

Do not know who I have to kill or sleep with to get the book represented. I am truly baffled. I guess my query letter sucks. Or maybe it is the book that I have gotten great feedback on. IDK.

The One Bright Spot
The website looks pretty good. I spent all day Sunday after screwing up Chris's car trying to get it to look decent. Really happy with the homepage. I keep tweaking it. Only problem is that I spent so much time on the website that I only got about two pages done in Tonic.

The Gym
Have missed a week for the first time in months. Freaking depressing. Wanted to go Sunday but after the car incident I did not care. Will probably just do this week what I missed last week. Can definately go Wednesday and Saturday... just gotta decide whether to go before rehersals tonight or tell them I cannot do it tomorrow.

Logan
Having more trouble with moving him than I thought. Worried that he is not prepared, that he is gonna screw it all up, that we did not do enough. We made so many bad decisions when we were his age that it terrifies me. The whole dynamic has changed and we exist in the wake of the change.

Yard
Really got to weedeat. Really bad.

Tonic Immobility
Trying to make myself push on. Realized how different TBT was from it original version. Stands to reason that Tonic will be require lots of changes. It is so different than the first novel. Hard to believe I wrote both of them. Like two different writers.


"So, You Think You Can Dance?"
Except for the TRAVESTY of Jeanette being gone, the final two, I think are right: Kayla and Jeanine. Kayla is hands down better, though. At least Melissa is gone.

Brandon should win this, it will be wrong if he does not. Mixed feelings about Ade going home and Evan staying. I like Evan, but I do not think he should be in the final. Don't think Ade's feet should be in the final, either, but he had a solid presence. Regardless, Brandon smokes them both, so...

I am amazed at how blind the judges can be. They fawned over Jeanine's last two routines, but I think they were weak... and I like Jeanine. Chris put it best when she said that the judges get a favorite in mind and cannot see past that. Even Brandon looked terrible with his last disco routine, but they did not call him on it.

Final should be...
1. Brandon
2. Kayla
3. Jeanine
4. Evan

but, that being said, the competition is "America's favorite dancer" not the best.

Submissions
Am thinking about submitting to some agents with the new query letter. Not hopeful. I know I should be more positive, but I never am.

No comments: