Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Grab Bag of Pete's Week

The Gym
Hit a huge PR on Rack pulls last Saturday. 635 x 3, 675 x 1. Followed up with power cleans, ending with 175 x 8... big man.

GREAT Squat workout Monday: 455/500/535 for 5's all RAW with no spotters. So far, squatting once every four weeks is not hurting me.

Nate hit two Bench PR's: 155/165 x 5

The Return
Have nailed down a powerlifting meet for my third triumphal return: first week in November: Buddy Duke's meet in Adel.
Goals: 675-700 RAW on Squat
415-435 RAW on Bench
anything over 600 on the dl... Really want 625-645, but we will see.
Would love to total over 1700 RAW.

The Yard
Put it to it this past weekend, with 4 days straight. Friday was mowing ans sweeping, Saturday Weedeating, Sunday more weedeating and Smilex fun and ant poison, Monday back to the fence. We are 3/4's of the way done with the front yard fence. Got the growth over the septic done... now we know we have a leak... great. Kids are making progress in the back 40. Might be finished by the end of summer, but I doubt it.

Tonic Immobility
I really wonder why I bother writing. It is a tough edit. Did not realize how bad Tonic was until I started reading it. Have the first chapters edited, felt pretty good, then read chapter eight. Smells like poopy.

"The Jug"
Lozano and I are on hiatus.

Lonely
Chris, Nate and Gage are heading to Florida for the weekend. Leaving tomorrow at nine. I hate sleeping alone... and for five days, mind you. Prolly do a lot of yard work. I am an exciting guy.

No comments: