Wednesday, July 1, 2009

The Downswing... yup, one word.

Gym
Decided to mix it up a little and did leg presses for the first time in years... like 5. I tried to have good ROM and assumed a 45 lb cage.
135 x 10
225 x 10
315 x 10
405 x 10
495 x 10
585 x 10
675 x 10
765 x 10
855 x 10... felt pretty good. That is a lot of sets. Hope to go over a thousand pounds nextr time.

Did explosive leg curls with light weight. The leg curl machine at the gym is just not built for me. Calves, Core and Cardio to round out. Cut Cardio to 20 minutes. felt like shit.

Nate did three boards:
135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 3
195 x 3
210 x 1
210 x 2... he was dissapointed in himself, but it was his first time.

Yard Work
All finished wit the fron and have made solid progress against the front yard fence. Might have the whole shebang done by the end of summer.

Alone Weekend
The kids and Chris will not be going to FLA until next weekend. Downside is that Logan is going so I will be by my lonesome for the whole weekend.

The Downswing of Writing
Last sunday it all seemed so very right and clear. Come Monday I just did not want to do it anymore. The Broken Thread is never gonna sell, I have not eheard back from anyone on their reaction; Tonic... is going to be a monster to edit and upon reading it again, I think it sucks; Merkaba is a bloody mess; The Jug has stalled, Lozano has no time and I have no desire: good combination.

It is tough. You want to believe that you are good at something, but there is very little reinforcement to keep you going.

Having Logan edit th ebook is a blessing and a curse. He is brutally honest, but he is brutally honest. Learned from the best I suppose.

Typical me. the high from the weekend was nice, then the down swing (downswing) after. Sucks.

No comments: