Thursday, March 15, 2012

Twenty years/Twenty songs: The Playlist

Well, I cheated. I came up with two playlists. The first is less meaningful. It has songs that remind me of certain things or filled with songs that have resonated with the two of us over the years. The second is the one that tells the story of us... in song.

Playlist One
1. Bootyliscious: Destiny's Child- My theme song
2. Wonderful Tonight: Eric Clapton- My sad 17 year old ass sand this to her when we were crazy kids.
3. The Mighty Quinn: Mannfred Mann- Was always on the radio when we got in the car back in the day.
4. Oh, What a Thrill: The Mavericks- snicker.
5. Do You Remember?: Phil Collins- Reminiscent of a tough time.
6. Runaway Train: Vigilantes of Love- I always think of Logan when I hear this song.
7. The Middle: Jimmy Eat World- Nathan.
8. April Showers: Caedmon's Call- Gage loved this song as a Toddler and it is the one I associate with him.
9. In The End: Linkin Park- The one hard band we can agree on.
10. Cumbersome: Seven Mary Three- snicker.
11. Gone Away: Lucy Schwartz- A song I got from Christan that reminds me of the difficulty of the mid-way point.
12. Pushit: Tool- Very much us at that time.
13. Roads: Portishead- Ditto
14. I'm Already There: Lonestar- Me on the road was yet another tough time.
15. Take Me as I Am: Tonic- You get to a point where you want to accept and be accepted as such.
16: Just Another Day: Jon Secada- This one has spanned the entirety.
17. The Dance: Garth Brooks- The only reason this one is not on the primary list is that the characters are no longer together. The sentiment rings true.
18. Seven turns: The Allman Brothers Band- Reminds me of Nathan and the passage of time.
19. Higher: Creed
20: The Club Can't Even Handle Me Right Now: Flo Rida- Chris's theme song.

The List is the Story
1. Unchained Melody: The Righteous Brothers
2. What a Good Boy: Bare-naked Ladies
3. Dulcinea: Toad the Wet Sprocket
4: U2: One
5. Stone: Adam Again
6. Somewhere North: Caedmon's Call
7. Somewhere out There: Our Lady Peace
8. Nothing Like a Train: Vigilantes of Love
9. Schism: Tool
10. Lie to Me: 12 Stones
11. Suspicious Minds: Elvis
12. What a Crying Shame: The Mavericks
13. Let it Fade: Jeremy Camp
14. Rise Above This: Seether
15. The Long and Winding Road: The Beatles
16. Beautiful: Plankeye
17. Collide: Howie Day
18. Colorful: The Verve Pipe
19. In My Life: The Beatles
20. Crazy Life: Toad the Wet Sprocket: The meaning of the song deals with the tragedy at Wounded Knee,. but I have always applied it to the continuance of the intent when all goes to shit. We are a good example of that and it's not over, it's not over, it's not over...

No comments: