Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Whooped my own rear at the gym... oh, yeah, christan helped out.

Front Squat
45 x 10
135 x 8
185 x 5... felt much more in control than last time
225 x 5
250 x 5... PR
275 x 1... dumped the bar forward. Lucky I had the spotter bars set high. Pissed with myself

Double Siezures

Calf raises on Leg Press Machine

Situps with medicine ball and a horrible twisting motion... oh, with pauses on the up And the Down

Machine Crunches

Cardio2.01 miles in 30 minutes with 5 of the 6 runs at 90 seconds... stoked because I did not think I was gonna get the 2 mile


Christan was badass on the Good mornings: hit 95, 115 and 135 for 5 very strong

Nate seemed to have fun with the floor presses:45 x 10
95 x 5
135 x 3
155 x 3
175 x 3
190 x 3
200 x 3
215 x 1
225 x 1
I think it was good for him to get to feel heavier weight and still be able to complete the lift.

"Sticks and Stones" aka "Merkaba"
is rolling along well. After last night's session I question if I will be over 70,000 words. I cut a huge chunk out last night. Might be able to use it in the rewrite, but I don't know.

"The Jug"
Wrote a big section yesterday, kind of rambly, but has some decent stuff in it. Do not know where to go with it today.

Obsessed
Interesting TV show that looks at people with OCD and their treatment with CBT. Last night was like the 4th episode and it is getting a little stale. It did feature a guy who therapy just was not working out. I would like to see them tackle some other disorders with some other styles of counseling.

Boots!
I just wanna point out: that dog loves me. Of course, she loves attention and scraps more than she loves any one person, but what are you gonna do.

Tonic Immobility
I am looking forward to the line edit, but a little wary about it. Christan was not exactly happy with the content, so I worry she will have made some comments that might be hard to take. Would like to get some objective feedback. Right now I know of one definate reader and possibly a second. Once the line edit is done, will try to put the call out . Need a minimum of 5 dissparate readers.

The big issue is gonna be getting that thing down from 120K to 105K. Tough bidness.

Water
On weekdays I drink a minimum of 5 liters of water a day (1 and 1/4 gallons). Lately have been close to 1.5 gallons. Drank 2 gallons last night. Not trying to, but it is so damn hot.

No comments: